February 09, 2012

what we were told?

So back in the day when i was swimming a bazillion hrs twice a day, we were told carbs fuel your body?  well especially in college i ate like crap!  A carb is a carb right?  I just cant even imagine if we had nutritionists on staff to that new what we know now.  how much better would performance be??  I look at foot ball teams like Oregon who are heavily funded and extremely fast and strong and think that they probably have it right? They consistently  perform at an elite level.
I watched my in laws do the Atkins about a 100 times. They would loos buttloads of weight and them boom explode again  to what they were and sometimes even more.  I think that is another reason i was so scared to try the no grain thing.   Well now i know why they ate the wrong stuff and then added the crud back.
  This no grains and dairy is so foreign to me.  I know i waited so long to do this because i was scared.  how am i gonna go without cheese and oatmeal??  All the diets in the past i have been soo hungry with and quit because  i just hated that feeling.  i would go back to binging and then feel like crap.  I am so happy to say i am not HUNGRY. yes i said it i am not HUNGRY,,, but the best part is if i am i can eat! just as long as i follow the guideline.  not just eat carrots , but meat and fat(healthy).  My joints are feeling fab to the only soreness i have is from the squats and lunges i did this morning and i am OK with that!
i want to get my kids and husband on board , but that is a different challenge for me.....


No comments: